Register the Official Party
All members of the Official Party should accompany the AIC to registration to present their photo identification. If a younger student does not have a formal form of identification, be sure he or she is accompanied by a chaperone with photo identification.
AICs must bring proof of pre-payment of all registration fees as well as the confirmation numbers for hotel(s). A printout of these confirmations may be obtained from the Fair Director. It is also recommended that AICs carry copies of the Official Party Member Registration form, the Certification of Finalists form, and the Official Party Locator card, all available from the Fair Director.
- The fair affiliation fee must be paid at Registration if it was not paid previously. The Official Party will not be allowed to register without completion of payment. It is the responsibility of the AIC to consult with the Fair Director to obtain payment and proof thereof, or to be prepared to make payment onsite.
Finalists must complete project set-up, including clearing any Scientific Review Committee (SRC) or Display & Safety infractions
- AICs must ensure that finalists bring a copy of all forms that were sent to Society for Science & the Public prior to the Intel ISEF along with the previous year’s paperwork if it is a continuation project.
- SRC interview requests will be posted at https://student.societyforscience.org/isef-finalist and at Registration. In cases where interviews are requested, the notice will be posted at the finalist’s display on the exhibition floor. This notice must be retrieved before proceeding to the SRC interview rooms.
- If requested by the SRC, go with your finalists to their SRC interview(s). The SRC attempts to make interviews an informative experience and the AIC is needed to a) provide support; b) make sure the finalist understands all requirements; and c) communicate back to the Fair Director and/or the local SRC about how to avoid problems in the future.
- Similarly, the finalist must go through the Display & Safety inspection independently, but may need the assistance of the AIC to resolve any concerns raised.
- Because of the possibility of SRC interviews or Display & Safety infractions, project setup must always take priority over sightseeing and tours. Project set-up must be completed by 6:00 p.m. on Monday.
Act as the central point of contact for members of your Official Party
- The AIC is responsible for the wellbeing of finalists and student observers. Any underage members of the Official Party traveling without parents must agree to be responsible to you. Once in town, acquaint yourself with the neighborhood around your hotel and exercise caution traveling back and forth between your hotel and the convention center, especially at night.
- Obtain the cell phone numbers and hotel information (front desk phone number as well as room number) for all members of the Official Party. Make sure everyone, especially the students, carries your cell phone number and other contact information with them at all times.
- AICs are responsible for ensuring that other adults in their Official Party are aware of expectations of them, as outlined in the Guidelines for Adults in the Official Party.