Los Angeles Convention Center
Los Angeles, California
May 14-19, 2017
Becoming a finalist at the Intel ISEF is an honor won at a Society-affiliated science fair. Each fair is allotted a certain number of projects that they may bring in a given year. Once finalists have been awarded, a fair will register an Official Party. An Official Party includes an Adult-in-Charge (the chaperone and designated point person for the students), and other individuals - adults, teachers, student observers and any other persons that fall within the Official Party size limit.
Information for those traveling to Intel ISEF 2017 will be populated on this site. We encourage you to check back periodically.
Information for All Attendees
- Intel ISEF 2017 Final Infraction List: Projects on this list must report to the Exhibit Hall at 7:30 am to correct the infraction to be eligible to compete for judging.
- Intel ISEF App: Download the official Intel ISEF App from Google Play or iTunes. The app will be the primary digital source of information for the event.
- Intel ISEF 2017 Preliminary Program (pdf): This document provides a brief overview of the week. As you plan your visit, please pay particular attention to the core activities of each day and the deadlines associated with setting up projects. Please plan to have your finalists’ projects set-up before taking tours.
- Intel ISEF Project ID Listing: see a list of all assigned Project IDs
- Intel ISEF Housing information: Please make sure to coordinate with your fair director as he or she may be arranging housing and transport for your fair.
- Intel ISEF Transportation: The Society is offering shuttles for attendees from from certain hotels to the Los Angeles Convention Center throughout the week. Please see this schedule.
- LACC Parking: Please see this map for parking options at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Downtown Los Angeles Information: Visit this website to learn more about downtown LA, about things to do, dining, transit, travel tips and more.
- Tours: Red Line Tours is now booking timed admission tours. Please book your tickets at this link. Tickets will also be available at the Tours Desk at registration, but it is important to book tickets early some have limited availability and will sell out quickly. Please check back often as additional tours including Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm will be added soon. You can also book private group tours for 15 or more persons now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Availability for private groups will end May 14, 2017. Persons interested in participating in the tour of Northrop Grumman Tour including the James Webb Space Telescope will need to sign up no later than this coming FRIDAY, MAY 12 at 4:00pm Pacific Time. This tour will close on that date and NO ADDITIONAL REGISTRANTS will be permitted. Northrop requires a names list to be submitted by the end of the work day on FRIDAY, MAY 12 for security purposes. Northrop Grumman requires that this tour is only open to US CITIZENS.
- Symposia takes place during the Intel ISEF and are sessions that allow teachers, fair directors, and other interested adults the opportunity to present and discuss issues related to science education and scientific and engineering research. See the 2017 schedule here.
- Society Program Harassment Policy: We ask that everyone review this policy carefully so that any concerns are addressed immediately.
- Awards at Intel ISEF
Information for Adults
- The Value of Attending Intel ISEF
- Adult in Charge Checklist: The Adult-in-Charge takes a leadership role for chaperoning students within their Official Party.
- Official Party Information Flyer (pdf): Information for affiliated fair official party members.
- Official Party Registration: Fair Directors (or Contact Persons) must register their Official Party and certify finalists using the Fair Dashboard.
- Student Observer Program and Volunteer Opportunity: Students selected by their fair to attend Intel ISEF 2017 as a Student Observers will have the opportunity to participate in hands-on STEM challenges, as well as participate in activities that help them to better communicate and expand on their research on Wednesday, May 17. They will also have the opportunity to volunteer for the Education Outreach Program on Thursday, May 18.
Information for Finalists
- Finalist Questionnaire: All finalists, including members of teams, must fill out a questionnaire.
- Finalist Checklist: Things you need to know and do before attending Intel ISEF.
- Being a Finalist at Intel ISEF: Things you need to know during Intel ISEF.
- Shipping Your Project: How to get your project to Intel ISEF
- IB Testing: International Baccalaureate Diploma candidates (either Anticipated Diploma or Diploma) who are ISEF finalists must have their IB Diploma Programme Coordinator complete an Alternate Venue Request Form to send to the regional office.