Register the Official Party
All members of the Official Party should accompany the AIC to registration to present their photo identification. If a younger student does not have a formal form of identification, be sure he or she is accompanied by a chaperone with photo identification.
AICs should bring proof of pre-payment of all registration fees as well as the confirmation numbers for hotel(s). A printout of these confirmations may be obtained from the Fair Director.
- The fair affiliation fee must be paid at Registration, if it was not paid previously. Starting back in 2015, SSP NO LONGER accepts cash payments. The Official Party will not be allowed to register without completion of payment by credit card, check, or money order. It is the responsibility of the AIC to consult with the Fair Director to obtain payment and proof thereof, or to be prepared to make payment onsite.
Finalists must complete project set-up, including clearing any Scientific Review Committee (SRC) or Display & Safety infractions
- AICs must ensure that finalists bring a copy of all forms that were sent to Society for Science & the Public prior to the Intel ISEF, along with the previous year’s paperwork, if it is a continuation project.
- SRC interview requests will be posted at Finalist Home and at Registration on Saturday, May 13. In cases where interviews are requested, the notice will be posted at the finalist’s display on the exhibition floor. This notice must be retrieved before proceeding to the SRC interview rooms.
- If requested by the SRC, the AIC should go with your finalist(s) to their SRC interview(s). The AIC is needed to a) provide support; b) make sure the finalist understands all requirements; and c) communicate back to the Fair Director and/or the local SRC about how to avoid problems in the future. Although the AIC is encouraged to accompany their finalist to the interview area, AIC's are not allowed in the actual interview room with their finalist.
- Similarly, the finalist must go through the Display & Safety inspection independently, but may need the assistance of the AIC to resolve any concerns raised.
- Because of the possibility of SRC interviews or Display & Safety infractions, project setup must always take priority over sightseeing and tours. Project set-up must be completed by 6:00 p.m. on Monday.
Act as the central point of contact for members of your Official Party
- The AIC is responsible for the wellbeing of finalists and student observers. Any underage members of the Official Party traveling without parents must agree to be responsible to you. Once in town, acquaint yourself with the neighborhood around your hotel and exercise caution when traveling back and forth between your hotel and the convention center, especially at night.
- Obtain the cell phone numbers and hotel information (front desk phone number as well as room number) for all members of the Official Party. Make sure everyone, especially the students, carry your cell phone number and other contact information with them at all times.
- AICs are responsible for ensuring that other adults in their Official Party share the chaperoning duties and support the finalists in staying on schedule.