The 2020 Application is now open through November 13, 2019. Open your application today!
Over 3,000 finalists have received more than $18 million in awards to support their college educations, and thousands of scholars have received millions more. Entrants receive a t-shirt and a Regeneron Science Talent Search laptop sticker in recognition of their hard work. The Regeneron Science Talent Search identifies scientific leaders of the future. The application process values the project, but also considers entrants' academic and leadership potential through analysis of essays, transcripts, and other supporting materials.
How to Apply:
- You should begin by reading the Regeneron STS Rules and Entry Instructions to be certain that you and your research are eligible. We strongly recommend reviewing the checklist for applicants on page 2 of the rules book. If your project involves the use of humans or animals, the project requires special approval prior to experimentation.
- Next, open an application early so you can view requirements. You may also view a PDF of the application questions here, but your entry must be submitted through the online application system. You can expect to submit the following components:
- Research Report (up to 20 pages) describing the independent, original research project, and essays and other information about the project.
- Essays about your potential as a scientist.
- Basic information about you, your activities, your high school, etc.
- Recommendations (includes your transcripts). Each student must request at least one Project Recommendation, one High School Report (transcripts are only accepted online), and one Educator Recommendation. Each applicant has the option of requesting a second recommendation of each type.
- Test Scores are optional. Students who choose to share them do not need to send official reports.
- Paperwork, if your project involves Humans, Vertebrate Animals, or Tissue. Our Rules Wizard will help you determine what to submit.
- Request recommendations early, even before entering basic information.
- Check out the requirements of the Research Report, which will help with the writing process.
- All materials, including recommendations, must be submitted by the deadline (Wednesday, November 13, 2019, at 8pm Eastern Time). No exceptions will be made.
Teachers, parents, and others are welcome to open accounts to view the application; please identify yourself in Task 1 of the application as a non-applicant to enable an accurate count of active student accounts.