Los Angeles Convention Center
Los Angeles, California
May 11-16, 2014
Congratulations to finalists who have been selected to attend the Intel ISEF 2014 and to the fair directors, teachers, parents and student observers who will accompany them for an unforgettable experience this coming May.
Becoming a finalist at the Intel ISEF is an honor won at an SSP-affiliate science fair. Each fair is allotted a certain number of projects that they may bring in a given year. Once finalists have been awarded, a fair will register an Official Party. An Official Party includes an Adult-in-Charge (the chaperone and designated point person for the students), and other individuals - adults, teachers, student observers and any other persons that fall within the Official Party size limit.
As preparations are finalized, information for those traveling to Intel ISEF 2014 will be populated on this site. We encourage you to check back periodically.
Information for all attendees
- Important Dates for Intel ISEF 2014
- Downtown Los Angeles Information: Visit this website to learn more about downtown LA, about things to do, dining, transit, travel tips and more.
- Intel ISEF Housing and Shuttle & Airport Transportation information. Please make sure to coordinate with your fair director as he or she may be arranging housing and transport for your fair.
- Intel ISEF 2014 Preliminary Program (pdf): This document provides a brief overview of the week. As you plan your visit, please pay particular attention to the core activities of each day and the deadlines associated with setting up projects. Please plan to have your finalists’ projects set-up before taking tours.
- Symposia take place during the Intel ISEF and are sessions that allow teachers, fair directors, other interested adults the opportunity to present and discuss issues related to science education and, the management of science fairs as well as to highlight successful practices in education and in scientific and engineering research. If you would like to host a Symposium, please read the symposia information page and submit an application to Society for Science & the Public, no later than March 12, 2014.
- Tours: Red Line Tours will be coordinating a slate of tours for attendees to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair for 2014. Intel ISEF is not financially supporting or responsible for any of the tours. Any reservations made are at the expense of the attendee. Attendees are encouraged to book their tours ahead of time through the web site as some tours will sell out. A tour desk will be open during Intel ISEF in the registration complex where attendees can learn more and sign up on site as well.
- SSP Program Harassment Policy: We ask that everyone review this policy carefully so that any concerns are addressed immediately.
- Awards at Intel ISEF
Information for Adults
- The Value of Attending Intel ISEF (pdf)
- Adult in Charge Checklist: The Adult-in-Charge takes a leadership role for chaperoning students within their respective Official Party.
- Official Party Registration: System for Fair Directors (or Contact Persons) to register their Official Party, certify finalists and report on the operations of their fair. This is where fair directors can find information on how many people can be included in the Official Party (including Student Observers) and how much registration will cost.
- Student Observer Experience and Volunteer Opportunity: Students selected by their fair to attend Intel ISEF as a student observer will have the opportunity to attend a trip to the Aquarium of the Pacific on Wednesday, May 14 and volunteer for Educational Outreach Day on Thursday, May 14.