David L. Lawrence Convention Center
May 13-18, 2018
Becoming a finalist at the Intel ISEF is an honor won at a Society-affiliated science fair. Each fair is allotted a certain number of projects that they may bring in a given year. Once finalists have been awarded, a fair will register an Official Party. An Official Party includes an Adult-in-Charge (the chaperone and designated point person for the students), and other individuals - adults, teachers, student observers and any other persons that fall within the Official Party size limit.
Information for those traveling to Intel ISEF 2018 will be populated on this site. We encourage you to check back periodically.
Information for All Attendees
- Intel ISEF 2018 Preliminary Program (pdf): This document provides a brief overview of the week. As you plan your visit, please pay particular attention to the core activities of each day and the deadlines associated with setting up projects. Please plan to have your finalists’ projects set-up before taking tours.
- Intel ISEF Project ID Listing: see a list of all assigned Project IDs.
- Intel ISEF Housing Information and Shuttle & Airport Transportation: Please make sure to coordinate with your fair director as he or she may be arranging housing and transport for your fair.
- DLCC Parking: Please see this map for parking options at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
- Getting Around Pittsburgh: Visit this site for information about the many ways to get around dowtown Pittsburgh while traveling between your hotel, the Convention Center, and the many evening activities.
- Downtown Pittsburgh Information: Visit this website, specific to Intel ISEF Attendees, to learn more about downtown Pittsburgh, about things to do, dining, transit, travel tips and more.
- Symposia takes place during the Intel ISEF and are sessions that allow teachers, fair directors, and other interested adults the opportunity to present and discuss issues related to science education and scientific and engineering research. View the schedule here.
- Society Program Harassment Policy: We ask that everyone review this policy carefully so that any concerns are addressed immediately.
- Awards at Intel ISEF
Information for Adults
- Adult in Charge Checklist: The Adult-in-Charge takes a leadership role for chaperoning students within their Official Party.
- Official Party Information Flyer (pdf): Information for affiliated fair official party members.
- Official Party Registration: Fair Directors (or Contact Persons) must register their Official Party and certify finalists using the Fair Dashboard.
- Student Observer Program and Volunteer Opportunity: Students selected by their fair to attend Intel ISEF 2018 as a Student Observer will have the opportunity to participate in activities that help them to better communicate about and expand upon their research on Wednesday, May 16. They will also have the opportunity to volunteer for the Education Outreach Program on Thursday, May 17.
Information for Finalists
- Finalist Questionnaire: All finalists, including members of teams, must fill out a questionnaire.
- Finalist Checklist: Things you need to know and do before attending Intel ISEF.
- Being a Finalist at Intel ISEF: Things you need to know during Intel ISEF.
- Shipping your Project: How to get your project to Intel ISEF.
- IB Testing: International Baccalaureate Diploma candidates (either Anticipated Diploma or Diploma) who are ISEF finalists must have their IB Diploma Programme Coordinator complete an Alternate Venue Request Form to send to the regional office.
- AP Testing: The deadline to register for AP Testing has passed. Please visit the AP Testing webpage if you have been confirmed for a test to review the testing day procedures.