Amanda Leigh Mascarelli's Articles
- Experts on eating disorders are probing why sometimes deadly chemical changes can distort how much the brain says we need to eat.
- And some who have been there now are sharing tips on what it takes to become a successful survivor.
- Eating disorders aren’t about vanity. They are mental illnesses that can prove deadly.
- A study found how powerful TV and ad messages can be in distorting the attitudes about body image among young girls in Fiji.
- Electronic cigarettes were originally advertised as a way for smokers to wean themselves off of cigarettes. In fact, e-cigarettes are helping hook a whole new generation of young people on nicotine — an addiction that may transition back to tobacco.
- Many teens are turning to water pipes as a potentially safer alternative to conventional cigarettes. But they’d be wrong.
- New battery-powered devices deliver nicotine, a dangerous and addictive drug.
- Why is granny so forgetful? Scientists must learn how the brain builds memories if they hope to figure out why recall fails in old age.
- The misuse of these ADHD medicines not only constitutes cheating, but they can become addictive and can mess with your head.