Science News for Students' Articles
- Questions for Mice Can Teach Us About Human Disease
- Classroom questions for Vision-ary high tech
1. How is an amphibian different from a fish or a reptile? Name three kinds of amphibians.
2. Why is clean water necessary for animals and for people?
1. What is hellbender “snot,” and how does it help a hellbender?
2. What happens to a hellbender during its metamorphosis?
3. How many subspecies of hellbender exist? Give their names and where they can be found.
4. A pair of hellbenders can produce hundreds of larvae. Why doesn’t that result in hundreds of adult hellbenders?
5. Why is silt and sediment washing into waterways where hellbenders live?
- Teens know that heavy smoking can seriously harm health. But most, a new study finds, don’t realize that smoking only now and then also is harmful. Data from a survey highlight teens’ mistaken ideas about the risks of intermittent smoking.
- Questions for Desert plants: The ultimate survivors
- Questions for Livestock: A need to save rare breeds
- Classroom questions for Nano Air Pollutants Strike a Blow to the Brain
- Classroom questions for Tar pit clues provide ice age news.
- Classroom questions for Why animals often ‘stand in’ for people
- Classroom questions for Wind power is looking up — to the clouds.