Congratulations! Now that you have been selected to attend Intel ISEF you will need to submit the necessary forms and paperwork within 12 days of your fair.
Submit your information and forms
The online finalist questionnaire, abstract, and paperwork portal will guide you through all of the necessary steps. What follows is a short summary, and additional instructions, to guide you through the process.
We cannot stress enough the importance of completing this process within 12 days after your fair. Failure to do so in a timely manner can affect the Intel ISEF SRC review, the assignment of your project booth ID, and ultimately whether your project is listed in the Intel ISEF program. Your prompt attention is greatly appreciated.
- Create an Intel ISEF Finalist Account
If you have already created an account for Intel ISEF 2017,
Login to the Finalist Questionnaire
All finalists, including members of teams, must fill out a questionnaire.
- You will need to know your fair ID. You can find it by looking up your fair here.
- The questionnaire will ask for finalist information, school information, project exhibit information, and finally scientific activities and interests.
- Each team member must use his/her own email address and create his/her own unique password. You wouldn't want to write over each other's entry, would you?
- Pick your category and subcategory; please review the full list before making a choice. The category you select for Intel ISEF does not need to match the category in which you competed at your regional, state, or country fair. If you are part of a team project, the team leader will submit this information. We have made changes to this process; please consult the Instructions for Selecting a Category & Sub-Category for more information.
- Complete the online Official Abstract Form. For team projects, the team leader will submit the abstract. We recommend you write a draft of your abstract in a word processing program before you begin so that you have easy access to the text. The Abstract Instructions will provide information and tips on writing and displaying your abstract.
- Code of Conduct & Releases: This form must be signed by both you and your parent/legal guardian in order for you to compete at the Intel ISEF. This applies to all finalists including team members.
- Upload your Intel ISEF paperwork. Please consult with your science fair director to coordinate how your paperwork is being submitted. Your fair director will be able to upload your paperwork or review the forms that you have uploaded, as soon as you finalize the questionnaire. It is ultimately your responsibility to provide your paperwork to the Society.
- Once you have completed the checklist, review your submission and then finalize your data. You must complete and finalize as soon as possible so that the Society can review and send your paperwork forward to the Intel ISEF Scientific Review Committee (SRC).
After final submission, you will see in the checklist tab an opportunity to submit an abstract rewrite. If there are updates and or corrections that need to be made to your abstract, you may complete this form. The deadline for submitting a voluntary rewrite is Wednesday, April 26.
All documents and forms must be reviewed by the Society staff before you are assigned a project booth ID. Please allow up to two weeks after submission for the project booth ID to be assigned. You will be sent an email with your ID. You will need it for shipping your project display board.
If we encounter any issues with your paperwork upload(s) or your category selection, or if the SRC has a question, we will try to contact you to correct the problem prior to your arrival at the Intel ISEF. Your responsiveness is essential to ensure your participation in the Intel ISEF.
Get your project to Intel ISEF
Shipping Your Project: See the General Shipping document for detailed information about shipping. No projects will be accepted BEFORE April 26 or AFTER May 11. You will have several options for shipping your project; if via UPS, you must arrange for a return shipping label at the time of initial purchase.
Alternatively you may purchase a blank project board onsite at the Intel ISEF and assemble onsite. Project boards are white, 2-ply cardboard, 48" x 48" in size and include an optional header board. (Click here for illustration with dimensions.) Project boards with headers will be available for sale for $10 each at the Intel ISEF store in the convention center.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Testing
International Baccalaureate Diploma candidates (either Anticipated Diploma or Diploma) who are ISEF finalists must have their IB Diploma Programme Coordinator complete an Alternate Venue Request Form to send to the regional office.