- What is Fiji?
- What words do you think of when you hear the word Fiji?
- What is the definition of an island?
- Which island is this story about?
- During what time of year did the author visit this island?
- What does CORAL stand for? What does it do?
- What is a marine reserve? How is it similar to Yellowstone National Park?
- What kind of shark does the author see when she’s scuba diving?
- What happened that made it harder for the villagers to catch big fish around
the coral reef?
- What are the scientists working to conserve? Why is conservation also good for the visitors?
- What is one way to tell that the coral reef is thriving again?
- After reading the story, what words do you think of when you hear the word
- Where is the largest coral reef in the world? Does this reef and the fish
that rely on it face any threats? Is anyone trying to help it?
- Describe the way people live in the Kubalau district? What do they eat? What
do the children learn? Are there any other places in the world where people live