Teacher’s’ questions for Scents of science
- Give three examples of how animals, including humans, use their sense of smell.
- Give two examples of how a marine mammal might smell an airborne scent.
- Why would breaching into the wind help a whale catch a scent?
- Describe two discoveries described in this story that suggest humpback and bowhead whales are excellent smellers.
- What is the purpose of the olfactory bulb?
- What do acetone levels indicate about insulin levels in people with diabetes?
Source URL: https://student.societyforscience.org/article/teacher’s’-questions-scents-science