Question Sheet: Unnatural Disasters
- Where and when did you first hear about Hurricane Katrina?
- Where in the United States are hurricanes most likely to hit land? Why?
- Geologist Jeffrey Mount says, "The phrase 'natural disaster' misses the point." What does he mean?
- Why have fewer people died in natural disasters in recent years than previously in history?
- What is a levee? How have levees changed New Orleans?
- What makes levees potentially dangerous?
- In what ways are researche...
Source URL: https://student.societyforscience.org/article/question-sheet-unnatural-disasters