Teacher’s Questions for Ahead of the wave
- Describe what you know about tsunamis.
- Explain why the force of even a small wave is enough to knock you over at the beach. (Hint: Think about the mass of water. One liter of water has a mass of one kilogram.)
- What do waves carry?
- Explain the link between earthquakes and tsunamis.
- What happens to a tsunami as it enters shallow water?
- How did the 2004 earthquake in Indonesia kill people as far away as East Africa?
- Describe the steps in forecasti...
Source URL: https://student.societyforscience.org/article/teacher’s-questions-ahead-wave