Teacher’s Questions for Explosive pursuits
1. Explosions may cause harm. They may also be useful. Can you name some examples of each?
1. Flowers are sometimes said to “explode in bloom.” Can they really?
2. Explain why the video camera that snapped 1,000 frames per second wasn’t able to capture a bunchberry dogwood as it blossomed.
3. How did Edwards discover what triggers the flower to explode?
4. What is the advantage of the bunchberry dogwood’s being pollinated by bees instead of ants?
Source URL: https://student.societyforscience.org/article/teacher’s-questions-explosive-pursuits