Teacher’s Questions for Secret Signals
1. Animals communicate by sound, sight, touch, taste and smell. What might be some of the advantages of communicating by smell?
1. When and why did emperor moths ignore Jean-Henri Fabre’s house?
2. Define pheromone.
3. Why would pheromones be useful to moths in search of potential mates at night?
4. List two chemical messages that foraging ants might share with one another.
5. Explain how pheromones can be used to capture insect pests.
Source URL: https://student.societyforscience.org/article/teacher’s-questions-secret-signals