Teachers Questions for Dead Zones
- What do sea animals and plants need to survive in the water?
- What allows large quantities of algae to “bloom” in coastal waters? And why is the growth of these communities a good thing or a bad thing?
- What is a dead zone?
- How many dead zones have scientists at the World Resources Institute found in the world?
- Name three sources of the extra nutrients that enter the ocean because of people.
- What are phytoplankton? How do they trigger dead zones?
Source URL: https://student.societyforscience.org/article/teachers-questions-dead-zones