Teacher’s Questions for Old Germs
- What is the longest-lived organism you can think of, and how old can it grow to be?
- Describe a few ways in which living things differ from dead things.
- How old is the deep clay that the bacteria live in?
- Do scientists know the age of the single-celled bacteria that live in the muck? What are some of the age estimates?
- Where do the microbes get their food?
- Over 1,000 years, how much new sediment will settle onto the seafloor?
- How deep down in th...
Source URL: https://student.societyforscience.org/article/teacher’s-questions-old-germs