Questions for How Earth’s Surface Morphs
1. Explain why some parts of the world are mountainous, others are flat and still others are covered by oceans.
2. Describe what you know about plate tectonics.
1. How many major plates cover Earth’s surface? How wide are some of them?
2. How thick are the plates, on average? Is this thick or thin, compared with the rest of Earth’s layers?
3. What is the name of the Earth layer above which tectonic plates move? How hot is this layer beneath the ...
Source URL: https://student.societyforscience.org/article/questions-how-earth’s-surface-morphs