Society for Science & the Public has made special arrangements with United Parcel Service and GES Exhibit Transportation to provide Intel ISEF participants with the easiest method for shipping projects both to and from Los Angeles, California. Alternately you can hand carry your project or use another freight service. Please find below additional information about each of these four methods for getting your project to the Intel ISEF.
In ALL cases:
- Make certain that your project is properly packaged and that the container is sufficient to withstand the rigors of travel. This will help ensure that your project arrives at the proper location in California in good condition and on time.
- List your name and project booth ID on the outside box. This info will have been sent to you via email and is listed online.
- NEVER ship directly to the Los Angeles Convention Center. Only ship to addresses provided on the labels we have provided you via the links below.
- Meet the deadlines for shipping, applicable to all four methods:
No projects will be accepted BEFORE April 16, 2014
No projects will be accepted AFTER May 7, 2014
FOUR METHODS OF SHIPPING
1. United Parcel Service
- Size and weight restrictions exist (may not exceed 150 lbs. and may not exceed 130 inches in combined length and girth.)
- You MUST use the UPS Shipping Label provided here. There are four labels per sheet. Print the labels on a sheet of paper, fill them out, and cut and affix them to your package with clear sealing tape.
- We strongly suggest that you purchase and receive a RETURN shipping label when you ship your project to Intel ISEF. A limited number of stations will be available at the Hub during project tear-down for you to go online and fill out the paperwork for return shipment, but the wait time may be long. Purchasing your return shipment label in advance will save you a lot of time.
You have two options for preparing your UPS shipment to the Intel ISEF:
- Fill out the UPS shipping paperwork and package your project at home. The UPS Internet Shipping website has a helpful demonstration on how to use their online format http://www.ups.com/shippingdemo. Just remember that you have to fill out two forms: one to ship your project to the Intel ISEF, and another one to ship your project home. If you use the online form, be sure to have your packaged project’s total weight and dimensions handy. This method requires the use of a valid credit card.
- Let UPS help you with packaging your project and filling out the paperwork.To find the closest UPS store or authorized UPS shipping outlets in your area, go to http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/locations. Some UPS authorized stores are equipped to pack, measure, weigh, and ship the Intel ISEF Finalist project. There may be an additional cost for professional packaging of some projects. Call ahead to the UPS store of your choice for more information. Don’t forget to have them help you fill out a return shipping form if you plan to send your project home after the Intel ISEF.
2. Via GES Exhibit Transportation
GES is the official material handling and service contractor for the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair 2014. This is the recommended shipping method if your project display does not meet the weight or size restrictions of UPS.
- Go to this page to print out the Method of Payment form. You will want to fill out as much information as possible before calling GES to arrange transportation (see below).
- Print out these labels on plain paper, fill them out, and affix them to your package with clear sealing tape.
- Call GES to arrange for shipping your project. A specialist will confirm your shipping information and schedule a pick-up at your designated address and arrange to have it delivered by one of its logistics partners to the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- In the United States: 888-454-4437 for US and International
- Or request a quote at http://logisticsquote.ges.com/ (continental United States and Canada only). Finalists outside the continental U.S. and Canada (Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories, and international countries), must request a quote via e-mail at geslogistic_International@ges.com
- At project tear-down on Friday, a GES Exhibit Transportation professional will be on hand at the Hub to help you ship your project home.
3. Hand-carry your project with you to Los Angeles, California
If this is your Method of choice, you will have two ways of getting your project to the Exhibit Hall.
a. If your project is light and manageable enough for you to hand carry, after registering you can bring it into Exhibit Halls J & K beginning on Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 8:00 a.m.
b. If your project is too heavy or too large to manage, you can deliver it via car, bus or truck to the dock area of Exhibit Halls J&K. The dock area for Exhibit Halls J&K will be open Saturday, May 10, 2014 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Sunday, May 11 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; and Monday, May 12 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
4. Alternate carrier
SSP staff will not be able to assist you if you choose a shipping method other than the ones outlined above. However, this is an option for shipping your project as long as you follow the rules below:
- You MUST use the HEAVY FREIGHT labels. There are four labels per sheet. Print the labels on a sheet of paper and cut and affix them to your package with clear sealing tape.
- Even though your package is being shipped by another carrier, it must still be delivered to the GES warehouse for processing and delivery to the Convention Center.
- You MUST adhere to the shipping deadlines mentioned above.
DO NOT, under any circumstances, ship your project to the Los Angeles Convention Center or to any address other than the ones found in the Intel ISEF on-line shipping instructions.
Alternatively you may purchase a blank project board onsite at the Intel ISEF and assemble onsite. Project boards are white, 2-ply cardboard, 48" x 48" in size and include an optional header board. (Click here for illustration with dimensions.) Project boards with headers will be available for sale for $10 each at the Intel ISEF store in the convention center.
General: Call Anthony Payne at SSP, 1-202-872-5141 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
United Parcel Service (UPS): Call 1-800-742-5877
GES Exhibit Transportation: Call 1-888-454-4437 US and International