2020 SCHEDULE FOR PRESENTATION OF ISEF AWARDS
Special Awards Ceremony for awards presented by federal agencies, organizations, corporations and academic institutions: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 7:00 p.m. in the Anaheim Convention Center.
ISEF Grand Awards Ceremony presenting ISEF Top Awards and first through fourth place Grand Awards selected from each of the ISEF categories: Friday, May 15, 2020, 9:00 a.m.
Once the ceremony begins the production company and Society for Science & the Public will help manages all aspects of the presentations. Each organization will have an assigned seat in the SAO seating area. Approximately 10 presenters will be queued near the stage near the stage. The MC will announce the organization and introduce the presenter from each organization. The presenter moves to the center of the stage. The company’s logo will be displayed, then immediately the pre-recorded names of the student and description of the will begin while the presenter greets the students on stage and shakes their hands. The entire group will receive a quick photo on stage then be motioned to proceed to the photography area.
As the students come to the stage, many of their family and friends will come forward to take their pictures.
More than 150 awards will be presented at the Special Award ceremony. With your help, the ceremonies can be managed efficiently and without mishap. Below are some guidelines you should follow:
1. SSP staff be available to assist you every step of the way.
2. Presenters should plan to attend the 5 p.m. presenter’s reception; SSP will indicate the time to leave the reception which will be about 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled ceremony time, escorting you to the ceremony and SAO seating area.
3. Any items to be given to the student should be set up on designated tables in the photography area.
4. Winners' names should not be announced prior to the ceremony. Please don’t do anything to tip them off in advance.
5. Your winning students' names will be announced – and no one can guarantee the order in which the student arrive on stage. We recommend that you limit the actual items presented on stage and if interested give the student a blank envelope or rolled parchment on stage. You will have the opportunity to give the student(s) their personalized award and any additional items which have been previously stored on the tables in the photography area.
6. If you have ordered plaques or certificates that must be personalized, please inform award winners that these items will be shipped to them after the ISEF.
7. Complimentary photographs of the Presenter and award winners will be completed by the official ISEF photographers. These photos will be taken just after you leave the stage.
Mr. Henry Disston and Ms. Mickey Disston, who are presenting the awards on behalf of Drexel University, arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled ceremony. A place card with name “DREXEL" will designate the seats where they will be sitting.
SSP staff will give brief instruction of procedure plus pointing out the photography area. They will then store their winners' award items in the photography area and take blank certificates to their seat to hand out to the students on stage. SSP staff will assists every step of the way!
When it is time to announce the winners of the Drexel Scholarships, the MC will step to the microphone and introduce them in the following manner: "Presenting the awards for Drexel University Mr. Henry Disston, Director of Outreach, Office of Enrollment Management, and Ms. Mickey Disston, Director of Special Awards, Delaware Valley Science Fair."
The Disston’s will go to the center of the stage, there will be an X on the floor to designate “center”. The pre-recorded announcement will announce the winners' names, including information about Drexel and the awards. As each student comes on stage, the Disston’s will shake the student's hand and present the blank certificate.
The students are congratulated and stand in a line facing the front of the stage. A photographer may take photos at this time. After the audience applauds, the "on stage" staff will que the group to walk off stage to get their photographs taken. The Disston’s will lead the students off the stage to the photography area. There, they will hand the students any additional prizes. The photographer will position the group on risers and take several group photos. After the photography is complete, the students will return to their seats; Mr. and Ms. Disston may return to their seats or leave the ceremony.
These photos will be posted on line with in approximately 2 weeks after the completion of the Fair. Special Award Organizations may download at will.
If you have any questions regarding your organization's participation in the Awards Ceremonies, please call:
(202) 872-5114 - direct line