2017 SCHEDULE FOR PRESENTATION OF ISEF AWARDS
Special Awards Ceremony for awards presented by federal agencies, organizations, corporations and academic institutions: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 7:00 p.m. in Exhibit Halls G&H of the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Intel ISEF Grand Awards Ceremony for the Intel Awards (the Gordon E. Moore Award, the Intel Young Scientist Award, and Best of Category awards) and Grand Awards of first through fourth place selected from each of the ISEF categories: Friday, May 19, 2017, 9:00 a.m.
Once the ceremony begins the production company and Society for Science & the Public will help manages all aspects of the presentations. Each organization will have an assigned seat near the stage and the MC will announce the organization and introduce the presenters from each organization. The company’s logo will be displayed across the stage. Immediately the pre-recorded names of the student and description of the will begin while the presenter greets the student on stage and shakes their hands.
As the students come to the stage, many of their family and friends will come forward to take their pictures.
More than 200 awards will be presented at the Special Award ceremony. With your help, the ceremonies can be managed efficiently and without mishap. Below are some guidelines you should follow:
1. SSP staff be available to assist you every step of the way.
2. Presenters should plan to attend the presenter’s reception; SSP will indicate the time to leave the reception which will be about 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled ceremony time, and will escort you to the ceremony and SAO seating are.
3. Any items to be given to the student should be set up in the photography area.
4. Winners' names should not be announced prior to the ceremony. Please don’t do anything to tip them off in advance.
5. Your winning students' names will be announced – and no one can guarantee the order in which the student arrive on stage. We recommend that you limit the actual items presented on stage and hand the student a blank envelope or rolled parchment on stage. You will be able to give the student their personalized award and any additional items which have been stored in the photography area off stage.
6. If you have ordered plaques or certificates that must be personalized, please inform award winners that these items will be shipped after the Intel ISEF.
7. Complimentary photographs of your Presenter and awards winners will be completed by the official Intel ISEF photographers. These photos will be taken just after you leave the stage.
Mr. Henry Disston and Ms. Mickey Disston, who are presenting the awards on behalf of Drexel University, arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled ceremony. A place card with name “DREXEL" will designate the seats where they will be sitting.
SSP staff will give brief directions and point out the photography area. They will then store their winners' award items in the photography area and takes blank certificates to their seat to hand out to the students on stage. SSP staff will assist you every step of the way!
When it is time to announce the winners of the Drexel Scholarships, the MC will step to the microphone and introduce them in the following manner: "Presenting the awards for Drexel University Mr. Henry Disston, Director of Outreach, Office of Enrollment Management, and Ms. Mickey Disston, Director of Special Awards, Delaware Valley Science Fairs."
The Disston’s will go to the center of the stage, there will be an X on the floor to designate “center” . The pre-recorded announcement will read the winners' names, and information about the organization and awards. As each student comes on stage, the Disston's will shake the student's hand and present the blank certificate.
The students are congratulated, and stand in a line facing the front of the stage. Family and friends may take photos at this time. After the audience applauds, the "on stage" staff will cue the group to walk off stage to get their photographs taken. The Disston’s will lead the students off the stage to the photography area. There, they will hand the students any additional prizes. The photographer can take photos while they are handing the students their awards or a group photo—depending on Mr. and Ms. Disston’s preference. At this time, the students will return to their seats.
If you have any questions regarding your organization's participation in the Awards Ceremonies, please call:
(202) 872-5114 - direct line