Classroom questions for Science News for Students articles
1. Summer can mean hot weather. List some ways you can either a) cool off, or b) avoid that heat in the first place. Would any of these methods work on a much larger scale, either to cool Earth or keep our planet from warming more?
1. Define geoengineering.
2. How has Earth’s atmosphere changed since 1750?
3. Explain what has caused carbon dioxide levels to increase since the Industrial Revolution.
- What kind of animal is a gecko?
- If you could walk on ceilings, what sorts of places would you want to visit?
- How do people lose their hearing?
- Describe how loud music affects you.
- Why should young people care more about their hearing?
- What is the MEEI? What do people who work there do? See www.meei.harvard.edu/(Harvard University).
- What is the cochlea?
- How does sound move through the ear?
- Why is loss of hair cells a big deal?
- Why did researchers use the MTV Web site to learn what young people think
about hearing loss?
- How can you prevent damage to your hearing?